Sunday 18 November 2012

Day 18 - Money Saving Expert (MSE)

61-53. 9 toiletries thrown away because they're too old to use or that I really hate and will not use and cannot repurpose!

I joined the Money Saving Expert forums the other day and am doing the "No More Buying Toiletries" challenge. I don't want to buy anything until next year. So I've inventoried most of my toiletries, I haven't done make-up or nail items yet but will do them next weekend hopefully. I've found 73 items so far and have thrown away 9 of those and brought 6 travel-sized bottles of shampoo/shower gel downstairs to repurpose for small laundry loads/delicates/ washing and blocking knitting :)

I'm also keeping an eye on my groceries budget. I have spent £247 on food so far this month which seems an awful lot when it's only feeding me, DH and two cats! But toiletries, loo roll, magazines etc may have sneaked into the trolley so I will have to keep those separate now and control my grocery spending for the rest of the year!

No comments: